Politics in Lagos state have been known to always generate several opinions and perceptions. Aside from inter-party contests, the politics within parties draw a lot of attention
No one would have ever doubted the second term ambitions of governor Akinwunmi Ambode who was highly remarked for his excellence. It was a great surprise to many when it was confirmed that the APC leadership has decided to withdraw their support for his re-election and picked Babajide Sanwo-Olu instead.
Former Governor of Lagos State, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode has revealed the reason why he was removed as Lagos state governor.
1) I constructed 22 roads in Alimosho and refused to award any of the contracts to Aregbesola and co.
2) I insisted that contracts that had been awarded to party leaders under Fashola must be executed before they can be awarded new contracts under my regime.
3) I wanted to phase out Danfoss and Area boys from the streets of Lagos and introduce smarter means of transportation without Area boys and Agberos.
4) I refused to pad the budget with 10% for the house of assembly members led by Bayo Osinowo and Mudashir Obasa.
5) I refused to grant the concession of 4th mainland bridge to Tinubu’s Hitech.
6) I refused to increase the amount of money being paid from the state revenue to Tinubu through Alpha Beta from 10% to 20%.
7) I developed Epe. Epe was never in their master plan.
I refused to support Aregbesola and Bayo Osinowo’s senatorial ambitions because they are not Lagosians.
9) I refused to use Lagos state funds to finance Osun elections.